0 view 4 mins
The Flickertail Times
News Aug 19, 2018

Mandan, N.D. — Residents were left disappointed this week after a construction project at Fort Lincoln State Park turned out to be just another bank.

On-A-Slant Bank & Trust, located at the previous On-A-Slant Indian Village, will be several stories tall and feature stunning views of the Missouri River. It will also offer a 24/7 drive-through and ATM.

Fort Lincoln State Park officials say despite the community’s initial disappointment with the project, they feel the bank will provide a steady source of income to support the park’s future.

“On-A-Slant Indian Village will always hold a special place in our hearts, but unfortunately, it just wasn’t a reliable source of income for our park,” says Fort Lincoln State Park Director of Bank Development, Justin Cash. “Ultimately, we decided the village-site would be the optimal location for a bank. The views are second-to-none and if there’s one thing North Dakotans like, it’s a big beautiful bank.”

To honor the heritage of the bank’s location, the developer agreed to name the bank On-A-Slant Bank & Trust.

“We had been in touch with several developers in the area and discussed a number of projects, including a gas station and convenience store, but felt that there were not any banking options near the park and our community could really use another bank,” says Cash. “And we feel we’re really honoring the bank’s location by naming it On-A-Slant Bank and Trust.”

On-A-Slant Bank & Trust will feature a stunning 12-foot tall statue of George Armstrong Custer near the entrance. Inside, the bank will feature timber beams…

TEDDY'S CORNER:

LETTER FROM THE EDITOR

From Main Street With Love

Meadowlark / Nov 15
I have to give my flick of tail (tip of the hat) to Governor Burgum for trying to inspire communities across this great state of ours, through his Main Street

More News

0 view 4 mins
The Flickertail Times

Bismarck, N.D. — Governor Doug Burgum ordered the Bismarck National Guard on high alert as North Dakota has officially declared war on the Miss America Pageant. The North Dakota National Guard was mobilized Friday afternoon following a bombshell letter from current Miss America and North Dakota Native Cara Mund, citing the contest had intentionally silenced her in an attempt to “erase her from her role” according to Mund’s letter.

Governor Burgum made his announcement at the 119th Wing of the North Dakota National Guard in Bismarck.

“North Dakota is willing and ready to stand alongside Cara,” Burgum said. “I have ordered the North Dakota National Guard on high alert, and as I speak, the B-52 Stratofortress unit from the Minot Air Force Base is ready to strike with pinpoint precision and accuracy on my command. The people at Miss America picked the wrong girl to mess with. They tried to silence Cara’s voice, but now, we are going to silence them.”

Heavy security including military tanks were spotted moving towards the state capitol grounds following Burgum’s announcement. Dozens of businesses and offices closed early Friday in preparation for military action against the Miss America Pageant.

Several grocers in Bismarck reported their shelves have been wiped clean in response to the military action.

“People here are readying for the long haul,” said a local grocer. “My shelves were completely…

Latest in News

Bismarck, N.D. – Conservative North Dakota Blogger Rob Port was
/ 4 mins
Washington, D.C. — President Trump announced today that North Dakota
/ 5 mins
Bismarck — Governor Doug Burgum announced a plan to encourage
/ 3 mins

Latest in Politics

Bismarck, N.D. – Conservative North Dakota Blogger Rob Port was
/ 4 mins
Washington, D.C. — President Trump announced today that North Dakota
/ 5 mins
Bismarck — Governor Doug Burgum announced a plan to encourage
/ 3 mins